Walnut Doors: A different choice for your internal doors
Walnut doors are visually striking and can create a real 'wow' factor within your home. Internal walnut doors are increasingly popular and many customers are now choosing walnut as an alternative to oak, cherry or mahogany.
Properties of walnut
- Botanical name: Juglans nigra
- Colour: Its colour ranges from light grey-brown to rich chocolate brown through to a dark purplish-black.
- Appearance: The patterns include plain to highly figured. This species produces a greater variety of figure types than any other. Certain varieties of walnut can have curled or wavy grains.
- Physical Features: Walnut, is one of the most fine hardwoods. Walnut mixes well with other woods and natural materials. Characteristics are moderately heavy, very strong, and stable.
- Uses: Joinery & furniture
Why choose walnut doors?
American walnut is a hardwood that is durable and lends itself well to door construction. Most of us choose walnut because of the warmth that the walnut colour exudes - rich and deep with a feeling of decadence and elegance. However, it's also a durable wood that, if treated correctly, should last well and keep looking good for years to come.
There are contemporary walnut doors and more traditional walnut doors. If you have your heart set on walnut then there's sure to be a style to suit.
The Amadora and Coruna walnut doors are extremely striking to look at and the glazed panels will allow light to stream through inside the property. The contrast of light and dark gives a powerful look and feel and can totally transform a contemporary home.
Both of these doors feature a frosted glazing and are actually engineered from a walnut stained oak rather than walnut per se - arguably getting the best of both worlds! Impressively, both of these doors are also available as FD30 fire doors.
So whether it's a traditional style 2 panel, 4 panel or 6 panel style or a contemporary Mexicano, Ecuador or Salvador style door, or one of the ultra modern walnut stained oak doors, if you're looking for walnut doors, you're sure to find that special something at Internal Doors.
If you can't find what you're looking for then give us a call - we'd love to hear from you.